Amazon

Monday, November 27, 2017

Chicken and Dumplings

Baby it's cold outside!

When the temps start dropping outside, that's my cue for stick to your ribs grub for my guys! They work out in the elements and need the comfort of home warming them from the inside out!

While searching Pinterest (I love Pinterest) for dinner ideas I usually have the Food Network on in the back ground. On this particular day #KatieLee and #TheKitchen caught my eye (and my belly)!

NOTE: You may have seen these pics already if you follow me anywhere but here. Sorry for the duplication but this really is worth it! LOL.

Chicken and Dumplings

Something I had tried and tried (and failed and failed). No lie.

I had tried for FOREVER to make dumplings. Only once have I ever made fluffy dumplings & for the life of me - could never repeat. (Until now) They always ended up as a tasteless gobble of goo.
Can you say Yuk!

Anyone else been there?

And then there it was! Katie Lee and all her glory showing me what I needed to do!

Oh Happy Dance!

Excitement building at seeing her fluffy, light and beautiful Dumplings! Immediately I knew what was for dinner!

Of course, I switched things up (as I always do) and I couldn't be happier with the end result!

First, I made my own stock with onion, carrot, celery, thyme, garlic and a whole chicken. (Memories of my first effort to cut up a chicken make me chuckle... I butchered that baby beyond recognition, haha!)

13231322

Creating your own stock is easy. It tastes so much better than canned, although canned stock is totally acceptable! The delicious aroma will waif through your home having  your family anxiously awaiting to be called for dinner time!

1329

Now, mine has an orange appearance because I used the vegetable medley from my stock as a substitute for the flour thickener.

Remember the carrots?

Ya, don't let the color fool you!
1327

Whatcha think?

Glorious Happy Ending! (of the food kind, of course..LOL)

Also, I skipped the mixed vegetables and went with my 'now' family tradition of using the medley for flavor, but you can still see some chunky carrots.

Tweak this to your own taste buds!

1328

These are Beyond scrumptious! (and totally rib sticking & undo your top button worthy!)

Try it! I can promise you will love it!

Til Next Time ~
Domesticate Rebellion

THRIVING ~ Have you witnessed the testimonies? It’s not about weight loss; it IS about feeling better from the inside out! If interested I would love to help you! Knowledge is Power! Sign-up for a FREE account & information at https://domesticated.le-vel.com
 
  • DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links meaning if you click & buy, I may be compensated. So, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment