Amazon

Friday, November 3, 2017

How I quit smoking! Part 4

Not long after I stopped cigarettes and had my cute pastel pink vape I noticed my cough was going away. Initially I also noticed my lungs clearing up and my voice returning to normal.

My clothes didn't stink & the hubs ~n~ I kissed ALOT more! (😉)

But I realized I had simply exchanged one method of smoking for another. The HABIT was still the same. I came to this realization while having a discussion about non-filtered cigarettes - (OMG YUK!)

I remembered preferring filtered smokes to non-filter. And that's when it registered. Really sank in that I was still feeding my body the primary chemical of traditional cigarettes, feeding my brain the addictive repetitive action of hand to mouth, deep breath, exhale and nicotine.

My success no longer felt very successful.

After a few months my chest was heavy again. My lungs weren't as clear as I had figured they would be. And while I wasn't coughing all the time, when I did, it wasn't pretty!

So my next goal was to stop vaping. Entirely. And I enlisted my local vape shops to help. Even though they knew they would lose me as a revenue customer, they also knew from experience, I would keep spreading the word about their product, their store, as well as their customer service and we initiated a plan of attack.

Over the next six months, together, we reduced my 'juice' nicotine from 24 mg to ZERO! I still fed the hand to mouth habit at zero but It was so much easier than I anticipated.

I was on cloud 9 when I realized my body no longer craved nicotine. And that realization allowed me to put the vape down, permanently. The hand to mouth habit was fed with a pen or pencil and quickly faded into a memory.

Today, I am happy to say I am nicotine free. I do not smoke traditional cigarettes, I do not vape and I do not use Ecigs and most importantly, I do not miss any of it!

Here's to starting a new healthy tradition for my gene pool!


Are you an ex-smoker? How did you quit?


Til next time ~
Domesticated Rebellion



No comments:

Post a Comment