Amazon

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Cranberry Lemon Scones

Cranberry Lemon Scones

Cranberry Lemon Scones will delight your tongue with a bright lemony flavor that is highlighted by small intense bursts of cranberry morsels tucked into each bite!
Y’all, these are seriously so-so good!
SAM_0681
Scones, much like a biscuit in texture are versatile; I’m learning they go with practically anything you decide to put with them.
Savory meat gravies, tomato & herb sauces or sweetened up with choices like strawberries, peaches or as the name implies Cranberry and Lemon!
(BTW, I wouldn’t pass one up with just butter & jam either. Just saying…)
As for the lemon aspect to these; my lifetime lemon meter got tanked off as a kid when I use to suck down lemon juice packets. Rest assured these are not like biting into a lemon wedge or drinking concentrated lemon juice. Not even close! While these lovelies do have the zest of 3 lemons they’re not tart.
Your jaw will not seize up nor will your saliva glands over react. *Yay*
The zest lightens the dough just enough to give it a hint of sunshine.  ðŸ™‚
SAM_0683
The freshness of the lemon followed by varied levels of cranberry 
ending with a sweetened lemon glaze drizzled over the top —
*Holy YUM Moley*
Are you hungry yet?
Well, let’s get baking!

Grab up the following ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups A/P Flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 3 Tsp lemon zest (I used zest f/ 3 lemons packing the 3 Tsp)
  • 1/2 cup butter (cold!)
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • GLAZE:  Mix together 1 Tbs milk, 1 Tbs lemon juice & 1/4 c powdered sugar
Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix egg into your milk; set aside.
  3. Whisk your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  4. Cut cold butter into your dry ingredients until you get a crumbly mix.
  5. Mix in cranberries & zest.
  6. Pour milk/egg into bowl with your dry ingredients & mix gently until dough is just wet. 
  7. Tumble dough onto a pizza stone sprinkled slightly with flour.
  8. Form into 8 inch round by 1 inch deep.
  9. Score into eight equal pieces.
  10. Bake 30 minutes. Remove when golden brown & crusty all around, on top and in between each slice.
  11. Allow to cool before drizzling with glaze 
  12. Lastly ~ Enjoy! ðŸ™‚
Mmm Mmm Good!
Sink your teeth into a version of your own & come back to share!
SAM_0687
By the way, this was my first time to make scones.
I thought my batter was too wet.
Trust me, it was not.
The wet batter cooked to perfection leaving a toasty light brown outside and crumbly inside!
Lately, I’ve become infatuated with all the different varieties I can make.

I followed this recipe exactly but will soon experiment with my own twists to bring you my usual #twofer ðŸ™‚ SAM_0693
Credit for the original gorgeous beauty goes to Steve over at The Black Peppercorn!
I’m seriously going to be stalking the recipe isle. 
Head over and say Hello!
Til Next Time ~
Domesticated Rebellion
THRIVING ~ Have you witnessed the testimonies? It’s not about weight loss; it IS about feeling better from the inside out! If interested I would love to help you! Knowledge is Power! Sign-up for a FREE account & information at https://domesticated.le-vel.com
DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links meaning if you click & buy, I may be compensated. So, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment