Amazon

Thursday, July 19, 2018



HOME-MADE SLOPPY JOE SANDWICHES

Easy to make, easy to serve and even easier to clean up. #Tripplehitter

Sloppy Joe sandwiches; a perfect simple dinner whipped up in no time when my babygirl & family unexpectedly came to visit for the day. I don't have to tell y'all moms how awesome it feels to have your adult kiddos want to come over 'just because'. No hidden agendas, not needing or wanting anything - just the desire to hang out. ♥

My heart ♥loves♥ visits like that!

Thinking of dinner earlier that day, I had already thawed 1-1/2 lbs of ground chuck. And while visiting & watching TV, I randomly started looking for recipes that would stretch enough to feed all of us *without* my having to run to the grocery store.

That's when Pinterest (♥) showed me a pin "The Best Sloppy Joes"! Something that was a staple for me as a child but not so much for my own kiddos when they were growing up. I can honestly say it's probably been 15 YEARS (or more) since we've had "Sloppy Joes" because my way was to use Manwich Sauce & the hubs was never a fan...

0712181757

Until now! This is a winner for dinner at my house. No lie, every one of us had second helpings of this recipe (even my most picky eater!) #winning :)

So ~ if you're looking for a meal that is hearty, easy, inexpensive, made with everyday pantry staples and let me not forget filling - then try this recipe out. Perfect for the next time you need a quick dish to satisfy the hungry mouths around your table!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of ground beef/chuck
  • 1 small sweet onion, chopped
  • 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 Tbs Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp ground mustard
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Bread or Buns
  1. Cook your hamburger meat with the onion, then drain, adding it back to your skillet. (I halved my meat as my son in-law is allergic to all things onion!)
  2. Make your sauce by mixing the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl then add to your drained meat; simmering about 10 minutes.
  3. Toast your buns (or not) & top with your favorite condiment, add some cheese (or not), then heap a ladle of the meat mix on your buns, adding to your plate chips, veggies or whatever your flavor and Dig In! (Be sure to have a napkin handy!)
I already know I'll be making this sooner than the next 15 yrs!

Note: My usual fashion is to provide #twofers; an original recipe that inspires my remake. While I can remake this adding other ingredients such as sweet peppers or garlic, I chose not to because it is incredible just as it is. Thank you Meggan for sharing this recipe! Y'all should check out her other goodies at www.CulinaryHill.com!

Tell me about a favorite of yours to make when company comes over.

Til Next Time,
Domesticated Rebellion

THRIVING ~ Have you witnessed the testimonies? It’s not about weight loss; it IS about feeling better from the inside out! If interested I would love to help you! Knowledge is Power! Sign-up for a FREE account & information at https://domesticated.le-vel.com
 
  • DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links meaning if you click & buy, I may be compensated. So, Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment