Amazon

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Crunchy Zucchini Bites

Crunchy Zucchini Bites

Have you noticed summer is here?

I assure you it is peaking in my neck of the woods.  Bringing record-breaking, scorching, hell-like heat with it too! WOW! Sadly, for many of my garden edibles the heat has been nothing less than brutal. The increased temps left me just a single zucchini ready for picking this morning.

Hmph! Nature can be a beast sometimes.

Being this beauty was good size I decided I wanted to stretch it between the hubs & I as a side.

And I Did! Just look at these crispy bites of yum! Here is how I did it:

  SAM_0407
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  •  2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt/pepper to taste
  1. Peel zucchini then cut into 1/8" rounds
  2. Grate 1/2 cup parmesan cheese into the Panko, add garlic powder & mix well
  3. Beat 2 eggs
  4. In a fry pan, heat some oil to medium - high
  5. Dredge the rounds in your flour
  6. dip thoroughly in egg
  7. press into the panko parm breading mix being sure to cover each side
  8. Fry in batches about 2-3 minutes each side until the centers are soft and the outside is crispy, crunchy golden brown .
  9. Remove from oil, place on paper towel salting to taste
SAM_0415

These lovelies were paired with grilled chicken, fluffy potato and out of this world crunchy zucchini bites! If you're a texture person as I am, then you will enjoy the crispy crunch ~ A total knock out thanks to the Panko (Japanese bread crumbs).

Another "Thank you" to Chungah over at #DamnDelicious for her recipe inspiration!

SAM_0439

During all seasons we get to enjoy grilling thanks to my counter-top grill. Electric, removable grate & removable drip pan. ♥♥♥



Such an effective way to 71tRQFahuML._SL1500_
bring the flavors & textures of outdoors inside without feeling the heat!

If you enjoy grilling as much as I do, but don't want to melt in the rising temperatures outside, here is a newer version counter-top grill by Hamilton Beach   https://amzn.to/2LuVlpFd. 

Time to get your grill on!

Til Next Time ~
Domesticate Rebellion

THRIVING ~ Have you witnessed the testimonies? It’s not about weight loss; it IS about feeling better from the inside out! If interested I would love to help you! Knowledge is Power! Sign-up for a FREE account & information 
 
  • DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links meaning if you click & buy, I may be compensated. So, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment