Amazon

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Feel Good Veggie Soup


Feel Good Veggie Soup


Hey World ~ do you know what...? I missed Valentines! I mean the 'day' came alright but we didn't celebrate...  :(  Seems our lil home front is being attacked by the yuk bug & its been that way All Year Long

First it was me, next the hubs, then both of us. 
Following in our footsteps was our black lab (that was an adventure!), 
then Yay its me ~ and now both of us! 
AGAIN!

Geez, I am so over this already!

Luckily, I have a hubs who takes awesome care of me when I'm down & out. He's pretty incredible on that front - but - when we're both down...

LOL, let's just say it can be challenging! Hahaha; #realtalk.   

Considering we're both 'under the weather' + I might be kinda on the cranky side with zero drive to do anything ~ I'd say it's a 'good ol vegetable soup to the rescue kind of day'! 

080

A beautiful blast of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in a single pot to revive the soul & internal body!

And ya know what else? 4 steps folks! Easy Peasy! Just the way I like it!

Peel, Clean, Chop, Simmer & Viola! 

Fix & Forget so you can rest kinda dinner!

Fingers crossed ~ hoping to overload our immune systems & kick whateverthehell we got to the curb!

On the flip side, I truly could not have planned for a better day considering it is 22 degrees outside. Perfect for staying bundled up inside with a hot steamy bowl of love that is sure to kick some butt on the germ front!

I know you've been there; I can feel your heads nodding in understanding.  :)

This veggie soup is also known as a 'fat flushing' soup. It's packed with a powerhouse of vegetables that provide a multitude of benefits. My #twofers are simple, not scientific but they work for me, haha. 
1) It's not heavy; meaning I can eat all I want with zero guilt 
2) Not only does it smell wonderful, it really tastes amazing. 
What a concept! Taste good and good for you! #score! 
Check out the original recipe over at SkinnyMs.com or by clicking HERE
(such a fabulous site!)

081

Truthfact: 
Before today, I had NEVER had zucchini in a soup. 
I always thought it would be slimey. I am happily surprised that it is not!

Mix & match what you have on hand to make this your own.  If you prefer something heartier simply add some sausage or shredded rotisserie chicken for a complete stick to your ribs ~yuk~ fighting soup! I'm certain if you're a veggie eater you'll enjoy this medley!

Gather up:

  • 4 cups chicken broth (read up on the benefits of bone broth here)
  • 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cut into 1" cubes
  • 1 diced sweet onion
  • 1-2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 zucchini sliced
  • 1 celery stalk chopped 
  • 3 carrots peeled and sliced
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 1/8 tsp ground allspice
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 can navy beans, drained
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can diced tomatoes 
  • 1 tablespoon EVOO (reserve for serving; 1/2 tsp pp)
Add everything to your pot except EVOO. Cover & simmer on your cook top for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the vegetables are fork tender. I served this with home-made bread

083

A truly satisfying and gratifying feel good dinner that was a snap to put together, 
helped me get in the grub mood as it cooked 
all while getting some much needed rest! 

Plus, we all know there is nothing better than being warmed from the inside out when we feel ~yuk~!

I feel better already!

Til next time ~
Domesticated Rebellion

No comments:

Post a Comment