Amazon

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Gooey Cheesesteak Sandwiches



GOOEY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICHES

While I've never been to Philly... I have been to Arby's... Hahaha, HuH
Say What?

Follow me for a second while I connect the dots. I'm writing about whats near and dear to my heart. Bad for you in a good way.  You know it.. None other than the beloved cheesy greasy meaty mouthful sandwich commonly referred to as a Cheesesteak!

See, while cruising along the recent pins of Pinterest (♥) I was directed to The Little Kitchen and this inspirational cheesesteak gem!

 1209171852



This caused me to kinda do a 'bad'Michael Jackson moon walk around my tiny kitchen island while holding up my kindle fire... Yup.... that was me. I'm not ashamed.     


Cheesesteaks was written by Julie Deily who provides two varieties. One with peppers. One with mushrooms. Both with onions. Personally, we prefer the meat mixed with sweet onions and topped with cheese. Peppers, specifically green peppers, have been known to create alottle (a lot/a little) heartburn or gas.




And frankly, heartburn or gas can jack up anything becoming a repeat at my house!


Although the recipe peaks with ribeye, I chose a thinly sliced bottom chuck round & seared the chunks over high heat in my cast iron skillet with butter. I use my cast iron cook set for practically everything from the stove top to the oven, even the grill!  (I♥Mom!)



1209171856


So, If you follow me then you know I'm all about using what is on hand & not trexing to the store for every single ingredient of a new recipe. Thus bottom chuck round... Trust me, it's still a keeper! After removing the seared meat repeat the process with the rest of your ingredients. Get real with it!

Sweet onions, mushrooms & peppers. Oh My!

Once cooked, combine everything together in your cast iron skillet and top with provolone keeping low heat until melted.

Note: While you are searing your meat or cooking your mushrooms, onion n pepper toppings, preheat your oven to 300 or so and get your bread ready. Open your hoagie buns and slather your preferred aoli, mayo, cheesewhiz??? Place bread on individual sheets of aluminium foil and when ready, transfer the goods out of the skillet making sure to Smoosh the goods deep into one side of the soft bread before closing.

1209171919b

Seriously, You want this to be FULL of the juicy goodness encased in melted cheese. The next step gives you gooey goodness. :)

Tightly wrap each sandwich placing on a sheet pan. Bake these bad boys 20 minutes or so and be prepared to talk out loud as they are DELISH!

MMMmmmMMM #Goodtimes #Goodeats 
I'm sorry Arby's, Really. It's not you. It's me. (Until we meet again of course - you know how much I 💖 your curly fries!)


Til Next Time~
Domesticated Rebellion

THRIVING, It's not about weight loss, it is about feeling good from the inside out!
 https://domesticated.le-vel.com

  • DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links meaning if you click & buy, I may be compensated. So, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment