Amazon

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

ITALIAN MEATBALLS IN 30 MINUTES




ITALIAN MEATBALLS IN 30 MINUTES

How would you like to find a recipe that is super delicious, inexpensive, ready to eat in 30 minutes PLUS freezes well? I just so happened to stumble across such a recipe, so I did what I do best 
tweaking it slightly with the items I had on hand & dinner was served! 

I'm learning it's okay to mix it up. Switching out different meats with different fat content 
to obtain different texture and flavor. I'm finding my own 'palette' while also discovering tried and true classics. 
For example, I added bacon to this recipe as the ground beef I had was 'extra' lean. 
This helped in the juicy department.
 BONUS: the bacon also provided a nice rich smokey depth. 

I love finding & sharing simple easy satisfying dishes and this my friends, scored a 10! I hope you enjoy.

#WinnerWinnerMeatballDinner folks! :)

You will need the following:
  • 1.5 lbs extra lean ground beef 
  • 3/4 c bread crumbs (I used plain home-made)
  • 1/4 small sweet onion, finely chopped/minced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 strips bacon, chop 
  • 1 lg egg
  • 2 T tomato sauce 
  • 1 1/2 T Italian Seasoning 
  • Salt /Pepper (to taste)
  • 1/4 t red pepper flakes (totally optional, but very good)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Mix everything in a single bowl until well combined. 
I used a 2 oz  scoop (bite size) for equal size meatballs placing them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. 
Bake between 20 - 30 minutes depending on your oven. 
A single batch makes twenty meatballs. 

5801

With it being just the two of us I get two meals out of each batch. 
Angel hair pasta w/ homemade sauce was tossed together in a hurry tonight 
but I'm really looking forward to meatball subs tomorrow.
 #leftovers #twofer 

On Pinterest I found a pin leading me to The Slow Roasted Italian where I read
 their recipe for Italian Herb Baked Meatballs ; inspiring me to make my own. 
Visit Donna & Chad for some lighthearted love inspired recipes including other meatball variations. 

Do you have a favorite meatball recipe? A secret ingredient? 
Perhaps a memory of helping mom or grandma in the kitchen? 
That is one of my goals. 

Creating memories in the kitchen with my grands ♥ Savoring moments one bite at a time ♥

Til Next Time ~
Domesticate Rebellion

THRIVING ~ Have you witnessed the testimonies? It’s not about weight loss; it IS about feeling better from the inside out! If interested I would love to help you! Knowledge is Power! Sign-up for a FREE account & information at https://domesticated.le-vel.com
 
  • DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links meaning if you click & buy, I may be compensated. So, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment